Civil Rights & Discrimination Attorneys in Memphis
There are few indignities more harmful and damaging than the violation of a person's civil rights. For this reason, the lawyers of Rosenblum & Reisman are committed to protecting ordinary citizens against civil rights violations and discrimination.
A Civil Right is an enforceable right or privilege established by state and federal law, which if interfered with by another person gives rise to an action for injury.
Common cases involving Civil Rights violations include:
- Civil rights violations on the basis of race, creed or color, discrimination on the basis of national origin;
- Police actions: Assault by police, excessive force, accidental shootings, false arrest, malicious prosecution, police dog attack, racially motivated discrimination and arrests;
- Prisoners rights: cruel disciplinary actions, infringement on freedom of religion, infringement of free speech, failure to provide proper medical care while incarcerated;
- Government violation of privacy, speech, or freedom
- First amendment retaliation claims
- Lack of due process by government: eminent domain, etc.,
- Selective enforcement and more.
The civil rights lawyers and staff of Rosenblum & Reisman have successfully obtained significant verdicts and settlements in cases involving civil right's violation. Whether the case is against a large corporation or employer or the government, the firm has the legal expertise, courtroom experience and negotiation skills to take on the most difficult cases. Our attorneys are among the best in Memphis, TN, Dyersburg, Bartlett, Brownsville, Collierville, Cordova, Germantown, Covington, Jackson and throughout the Mid-South.