Since graduating magna cum laude from the Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law at the University of Memphis in 2006, Matt has steadily worked to become one of the top personal injury attorneys in Tennessee. Matt has been recognized as a Rising Star by SuperLawyers for three years and is distinguished as AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been recognized as a Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
Involvement in the community is the crux of Matt's professional success. Matt has served as Chairman of the Memphis Bar Association (MBA) Law Week Committee since 2015, as a member of the Board of Directors for the MBA Young Lawyers Division for three years, as part of the Federal Practice Council for the Tennessee Bar Association, and as Barrister with the Leo Bearman, Sr. American Inn of Courts since 2015.
During law school Matt served as President of the Christian Legal Society, as Production Manager for the Tennessee Journal of Practice and Procedure, as a Law School Student Ambassador and Orientation Leader, and as the 2006 Commencement Chairman for the Student Bar Association. As a University of Memphis alumnus, Matt serves as a member of the Advisory Council for the School of Music and on the board for the Band Alumni Chapter. As a Briarcrest Christian School alumnus, Matt serves as a member of the Briarcrest Christian School Alumni Board and has coached the high school's mock trial team for several years.
In addition to his legal career, Matt enjoys performing as the principal trombone player with the Germantown Symphony where he also serves as a board member. Matt also performs throughout the MidSouth with other musical groups. Matt values spending time with his family and serves in several churches.
- Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee
- J.D. magna cum laude
- Honors: Law School Student Ambassador and Orientation Leader
- Honors: Student Member, Leo Bearman Sr. American Inn of Court
- Honors: Top 10% of his Class
- Law Journal: Tennessee Journal of Practice and Procedure, Production Manager
- The University of Memphis
- Major: Music History
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers - Rising Stars
- Who's Who Among Students
- Dean's Distinguished Service Award
- Robert and Elaine Hoffman Memorial Fellowship
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Peer Review rated AV Preeminent® in the Martindale-Hubbell law directory
- Super Lawyers – Rising Stars
- Memphis Bar Association; Law Week Chairman 2015-2017; Past Director of the Young Lawyers
- Tennessee Bar Association; Federal Practice Committee
- Leo Bearman, Sr. American Inn of Court
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Memphis and Jackson, Tennessee Law Firms, Law Clerk
- Hon. Judge Jon Phipps McCalla of the U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee, Externship
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteers at local legal clinics
- Member and past President of Germantown Symphony Orchestra