Mark A. Mesler II
Mark A. Mesler is recognized by his peers as one of the top criminal defense attorneys in the Memphis area. He is known for his diligent representation of clients in Shelby County criminal courts for more than a decade.
Mark appears periodically on Fox 13 Morning News as part of the "Ask the Attorney" segment. He is regularly asked to serve as a special judge in a number of the local courts.
Mark is a member of the Memphis Bar Association, the Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the American Bar Association.
While in law school, Mark won Best Oral Advocate in the 1994 Mock Trial Competition and Honorable Mention for Best Oral Advocate in the 1992 Moot Court Competition. He was a National Quarter-Finalist in the National Moot Court Competition. Mark later served on the Moot Court Board as an Associate Justice. He was a member of University of Memphis Law Review.
He was elected to the Memphis Bar Association's Young Lawyer's Board of Directors and served from 1997 to 1999. More recently, Mesler was named a 2011 Power Player and one of the top 8 criminal lawyers in the city by the Memphis Business Quarterly.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury -- Defense
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Real Estate Law
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Tennessee, 1994
- Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee
- Honors: Best Oral Advocate in the 1994 Mock Trial Competition
- Honors: Honorable Mention for Best Oral Advocate in the 1992 Moot Court Competition
- Honors: National Quarter-Finalist in the National Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Associate Justice, Moot Court Board
- Law Review: University of Memphis Law Review, Member
- University of Florida
- Major: Business Administration
Honors and Awards
- One of the Top Criminal Defense Attorneys in the Memphis Area
- 2011 Power Player
- One of the Top 8 Criminal Lawyers in the city by the Memphis Business Quarterly
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Memphis Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Memphis Bar Association, Young Lawyer's Board of Directors, 1997 - 1999