Marc E. Reisman
Marc Reisman focuses his practice in the areas of catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death law. His greatest pride in his practice is the ability to work directly with his clients who have entrusted him with their case, generally involving very serious injuries or a tragic loss of life. Marc has been honored by The National Trial Lawyer as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer. He also meticulously concentrates on legal research and writing and oversees the Firm's appellate practice securing the judgments and verdicts obtained on behalf of its clients.
Upon graduating from law school, Marc had the privilege of working as a judicial law clerk for Tennessee's Appellate Courts. He first worked for the Honorable Alan E. Highers on the Tennessee Court of Appeals, and following that, he served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Paul G. Summers on the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals.
Marc enjoys the practice of law, in large part, due to the relationships he has established with lawyers and judges in Memphis, Shelby County, and around the country. He is an active member of the local bar association, having served on and chaired numerous committees. He has been elected to a variety of Boards of Directors and is very active in the community. Marc has been selected by the Tennessee Supreme Court to serve as a hearing officer for the Board of Professional Responsibility. Marc also serves on the Tennessee Board of Law Examiners Investigation Committee.
In addition to being a passionate advocate for the clients of his firm, Marc donates numerous hours every year, providing vital pro bono legal services to many who are not able to afford legal representation. In recognition of his efforts, the Supreme Court's Access to Justice Commission has awarded him the "Attorney for Justice" designation.
Marc is married to Jan, and has two sons, Jeffrey and Jeremy.
Areas of Practice
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Civil Rights Law
- Tennessee, 1989
- U.S. District Court, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 1999
- University of Memphis School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee
- Honors: With Honors
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Finance
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Peer Review rated AV Preeminent® in the Martindale-Hubbell law directory
- American Bar Association, Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice Section; Family Law Section, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Memphis Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors 2008-2010, Chair of Attorney Fee Dispute Committee 2007-2013, Chair of Family Law Section 2000-2001
- Federal Bar Association
- American Inns of Court
- Memphis Bar Foundation, Fellow 2009, Board of Directors 2013 - Present
- Tennessee Attorney Disciplinary Committee, Hearing Officer, 2011 - Present
- Volunteer Mediator for Mediation and Restitution-Reconciliation Services
- Pro Bono Attorney providing legal services through Memphis Area Legal Services and the Community Legal Center. Marc has been recognized for providing more than 50 hours of Pro Bono services to the under-served in our community.
- Memphis Jewish Foundation Board of Directors, 2012 - Present
- Anshei Sphard Synagogue Board of Trustees, 1993 - Present
- Plough Tower’s Board of Directors, (Executive Committee Member 2014-present), 2008 - Present
- Tennessee Board of Law Examiners Investigatory Committee , Appointed for a five year term